About Us

St. Mark's church was built in approximately 1875 with the tower added later and is a fine example of its kind, being well endowed by the mill owners who prospered on the woolen mills in Longwood at that time.  It has beautiful oak woodwork, fine stained glass windows, a superb peal of bells, a traditional pipe organ, and is a very nice venue for weddings as well as for regular worship.  Visitors are welcome to the main service at 11.00 on Sundays, the second Sunday in each month is  Family communion service, less formal with a music group and powerpoint.