Promoting a Safer Church – House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for Children, young people and adults.
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have concerns :
David Allen, Safeguarding Officer
Tel : 01226 294745
Lynn Askey, Church Warden
Tel: 01226 321169
Anne Lowery, Church Warden
Tel: 01226 733558
Jenny Leccardi, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel : 0113 3530259 or 07872 005189
Email : [email protected]
Local Authority Social Services
Children : If an emergency call either 999 or 01142 202020
or if non-urgent call: 01226 772423
Adults : 01226 773300
Out of hours children and adults : 01226 787789
• NSPCC : 0808 800 5000
• Childline : 0800 1111
• Stop it now : 0808 1000 900
• NAPAC : 0808 801 0331
• Samaritans : 116123
• Family Lives : 0808 800 2222
• National Domestic Violence Helpline : 0808 2000 247
• Action on Elder Abuse : 0808 808 8141