Recorded in the Doomsday survey of 1086, the oldest remaining part of the church is the 12th century, North wall of the Nave. Robert de Lacey of Pontefract Castle gave the living to Augustinian monks of of St Oswalds Priory, Nostell and the Prior appointed the Vicar of Featherstone until the Reformation in 1540, when Robert Ferrer, the last Prior of Nostell surrendered the Priory, and with it the Church of All Saints Featherstone. The church then passed into the hands of the Dean and Chapter of Christ Church Oxford. Other parts of the church date from the 15th and 16th centuries and a small booklet is available with more detail of the history of the church.
A fire ravaged the interior of the chuch in 1998, destroying the pipe organ and vestries in the South Aisle. Redevelopment work, which had already been planned,was amended and brought forward allowing the church, which has no church hall, to be restored in a manner which provided two rooms for community use within the body of the church itself. The re-building was completed by August 2000.
Various groups make use of the accommodation on a regular basis. There is a flourishing Art group and also a Flower arranging group which meet on a weekly basis. The accommodation is also used on a monthly basis for meetings of the North Featherstone Ladies Circle, and, less frequently at the moment, a Men's Group. More formally, the PCC meets on a monthly basis.
The rooms are available for hire and are used on a less regular basis for meetings and other activities of groups from outside the church, for which a small fee is payable.
The church is a small community church which welcomes visitors to its many activities and, of course to its services. There are, of course, some restrictions on the size of groups which can be accommodated, and some activities prove more popular than others. The group leaders, however, are happy to compile waiting lists where this proves necessary.
Any visitors will be warmly received during times when the church is open.