The present church of St Mary in Monxton was built in 1853 on the site of a smaller medieval church. The layout is simple with nave, chancel and sanctuary within, while outside there is a good timber porch. The two bells from the old church hang in the bellcote at the west end of the church and the outside walls are built with flints which abound in this chalky part of Hampshire.
Like all small country parishes today Monxton is part of a team of parishes led by a team rector and a team vicar. A wide variety of services take place each month to suit all needs and the church remains at the heart of village life whilst engaging actively with and supporting the Portway and Danebury team.