About Us

Tucked away in the comer of a small meadow less than three miles from Andover, how many know Penton Mewsey's small church? A church was mentioned here in Domesday, but the present building dates from about 1365 and little has been added since.
Unusual churchyard monuments include thirteen war graves, remembering airman killed in some of the earliest flying accidents and the granite obelisk to William Cubitt, a founder in the nineteenth century of the famous civil engineering firm of that name. In the same churchyard, a fight between two villagers in 1556 resulted in one being punished with an order to have his ears cut off, only saved next year by a Royal pardon.