The church of St Peter & St Paul Thruxton has been part of village life for over 850 years and baptisms, marriages and burials have been held here since 1600. Parts of the church date from the 13th and 15th centuries although much of its present day appearance is as a result of 19th century modernisation. Many of the church's treasurers are in the form of tombs and effigies of some of the Lords and Ladies of the Manor. Of national interest are the 16th century Lisle Chapel and Tomb as they are fine examples of Renaissance stone carving. Notable also are two 12th century tombstones, a wooden effigy of Elizabeth Philpott of the late 16th century, and the fine monumental brass figure in full plate armour of Sir John Lisle who died in 1407. The church also has seven beautiful stained glass windows by Thomas Willement and two more by David Evans of Shrewsbury who was equally highly regarded. The church has a fine peal of six bells which are rung regularly. The earliest bell was given by George Philpott in 1581 and it is believed that this bell was rung in 1588 to warn of the approach of the Armada.
St Peter & St Paul's church is still very much part of the village community. It is used by a cross section of villagers, not only for worship at regular weekly services and Christmas, Easter and Rembrance Day services, but also for life-changing events such as weddings, baptisms, funerals and memorial services. It is a social meeting place, a venue for cultural events, and many members of the congregation also support and organise other village activities and organisations.