St Michael and All Angels
The Domesday Book records a church in Crux Easton and a Norman church existed on the current site during the 12th century but the present St Michael & All Angels church in Crux Easton was erected in 1775, replacing the structure as it then existed. The only record offering an explanation for the church’s replacement is a parish register describing it as a “hideous structure”!
Various works of restoration have been undertaken over the years. Electric light and heating were installed in 1953 and carpets made in the 1980/90's and the altar frontal (a Millennium project) were all worked by members of the congregation.
The North West Hampshire Benefice comprises Ashmansworth, Crux Easton, East Woodhay, Highclere and Woolton Hill Parishes:
Rector: Revd Christine Dale, tel: 01635 253323, [email protected]
Mrs W Draper 01635 253189
Mr K Draper 01635 253189