St Edward the Confessor

St Edward’s is our main parish church, where our main services, particularly on Sundays, are celebrated. Located on Grange Road, at the northern edge of the village, St Edward’s is an impressive victorian neo-gothic building, complete with a bell tower and flagpole!

As well as being the Parish Church, St Edward’s hosts concerts and other events. In the past we have hosted:

-The popular ‘Chapel Sessions’ concert series 

The Church site is also home to our Church Hall, which provides a venue for local activities and organisations, as well as our own social events. Regular events in the church hall include:

-Friday coffee mornings

-monthly table-table top sales

-After-service coffee

-Men’s Breakfast Club

-(If you would like any information about hiring the hall, please do not hesitate to contact us!)

Get in touch

Parish Office

St Edward's Church Office
Grange Road
Netley Abbey
SO31 5FF

Parish Office
(02380) 457055

Our website

What's on

Friday Communion

Every Friday at for 30 mins
St Edward the Confessor
Grange Rd Netley Abbey Southampton, SO31 5FF, United Kingdom

A relaxed service of Holy Communion before our Friday Coffee Morning, is now being held in the Hall at 9.30am, before Chatters starts at 10.00am
Will start again 1st Friday in February


"Our parish of Hound: St Edward the Confessor is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) Hayley Homer who can be contacted through the Parish Office - [email protected]. Our Diocese of Winchester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm, please contact the PSO or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor the diocesan safeguarding page. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services."