St Anne's Church is the Parish Church for the whole island of Alderney (sometimes called 'The Cathedral of the Channel Islands') and is a large Victorian church, built by the famous architect Sir George Gilbert Scott, and consecrated in 1851. It's large size was to make space for both the community of the island of Alderney, and also the garrisons then inhabiting this island situated less than 10 miles from the coast of France.
The church is situated in the centre of the island, in the town of St Anne, which is commonly referred to simply as 'The Town'. The island has a close and friendly community, and the church is very much at the heart of all that goes on.
The church holds regular services each Sunday to which all are welcome.
Normal Sunday services are an 8.00 BCP Holy Communion, and a 10.30 am Parish Communion (Family Communion on the first Sunday of the month)
We take Safeguarding very seriously, and our contacts are:
Safeguarding Officer: Maggie Burridge , email: [email protected] , Tel: 01481 822297
We are part of the Deanery of Guernsey and follow the House of Bishops advice from the Church of England's Parish Safeguarding Handbook.