St James is one of four churches in a group known as the Benefice. It was built in 1888 by the sixth Earl Beauchamp of Madresfield as a chapel of ease to Powick church. Set just off the main Upton Road next to Callow End Primary School, it has a brick nave and chancel and features a small louvred bell turret on the roof. It was recently modernised to provide a new vestry, kitchen facilities, toilet and comfy seats.
Revd Gary Crellin was instituted to the Benefice by Bishop Graham on 27th May 2018. If you would like to discuss either a wedding, baptism, or any other matter, such as a visit at home, please contact Rev Gary - click the 'Get in touch' tab on the left of the page for contact details.
The original windows on the north wall of the church were replaced in 2003 with the stained glass Apostle windows rescued from the now demolished Powick Hospital chapel.
The pews have been replaced by comfortable individual seats which can be moved thus providing a very versatile space.
Hymn books and orders of service are often not needed as words can be displayed on a screen from an overhead projector.
A small layby, opposite the school next door, provides a few parking spaces for those arriving early; otherwise parking is in the street.
Sunday services are normally held at 9:30 am; either Family Communion or Sunday Worship. Details of services in the Benefice can be found in the Powick parish magazine, on the noticeboard outside the church, and on the Parish of Guarlford web site.