Welcome to St Clement’s Church, Worcester, one of the three oldest parishes in the city of Worcester established circa 10th Century and moved to it's present site in 1823 by Order of Kinng George the Fourth. See photograph of the Proclamation in the Gallery
It seems impossible now to date exactly the foundation of St Clement’s Church, but the parish is nearly 1000 years old. It ‘s origin was in pre Conquest days when times were difficult, largely because of the Danish Raids
The original church was built of timber and stone In part of Worcester which had been important for centuries, for it was near the ancient ford across the river which gave access to Wales. When the river is very low it is possible to see where the ford may have been between the bottom of Tybridge Street and the bottom of Dolday
The present building replaced several St Clement churches which stood on the east bank of the river just within the city walls and the original on the bridge was one of the earliest in Worcester. The Right of Presentation of appointment of a Rector was in the hands of the people. From the Reformation, it passed to the Dean and Chapter, where it remains today
We are a lively and friendly church, with a range of services, concerts and events
We look forward to welcoming you to St Clement’s in the future!