The Parish of Kidderminster East is made up of five churches on the east side of Kidderminster - St Cassian’s, St Cecilia’s, St Chad’s, St George’s and St Mary's Stone.
St George’s is a Grade II* listed church built after the battle of Waterloo. Consecrated in 1824, the church was rebuilt after being gutted by fire in 1922. Situated in close proximity to Kidderminster town centre, the church tower can be seen for miles around.
Whilst it may appear imposing from the outside, St George’s has a light and airy feel, and you will always receive a very warm and friendly welcome!
St George's enjoys excellent multifunctional facilities, catering for the needs of the local community by providing a safe, friendly, accessible and inclusive venue which is also available for hire.
The Church is a very large space, with seating for about 300. There are movable chairs and tables available (no pews), all of which can be provided or removed. The church has modern lighting and heating, and an excellent Audio-Visual system, which is highly suitable for concerts, dinners, shows and exhibitions.
The Annexe is a church hall which can comfortably hold up to 75 people. It is an excellent venue for parties, smaller events and for hire by groups. Tables and chairs are provided, and the Annexe has its own toilets and a modern kitchen.
The two buildings can be hired together or separately.
St George's Church, Kidderminster Charity No. 1131228