We are a village church which has mixed congregations, looking towards offering a variety of worship styles so that there is something for everyone.
Our vision, discerned by our whole congregation is that we shine the light of Jesus in the village by …
Reaching – with a voice of hope
Growing – inspired by love
Sustaining – living by faith
Our mission is to reach all our community with the love of God.
We value our relationships, actively caring for the community and worshipping God.
In 2014 we agreed to form an ecumenical partnership with our brothers and sisters at Copmanthorpe Methodist Church and we continue to work together and develop the advantages of this.
The church was built in 1180 but was not a parish in its own right until 1866.Prior to this it was a Chapel of Ease and a chapelry of St Mary's, Bishophill Junior, York and had no independent registers until 1750. The early St Mary Bishophill records contain Copmanthorpe entries, most of which have been extracted for village records. Only modern records are now kept in the church.