Church of England Diocese of York Nether Poppleton with Upper Poppleton

About Us

On 28th December 1866, by Order of the Privy Council the Benefice was united to form the Parish of Nether Poppleton with Upper Poppleton. All Saints' Church is situated on The Green in Upper Poppleton.

The old Norman 'Chapel of All Hallows' at Upper Poppleton was demolished in 1890 to make way for the Victorian Church of All Saints that was built for about £2,000 according to the records. The 'new' church was designed by Hodgson Fowler, Esq., of Durham.