There has been a church in Newton on Ouse since Saxon times. Originally dedicated to St Mary the current Grade 2 listed building dates from 1849, although the tower is approximately 900 years old. The Hon. Lydia Dawnay commissioned the York architect George Townsend Andrews to prepare the new design. The church is situated on Cherry Tree Avenue and as a result is particularly beautiful in spring when the blossom is out.
Services are held every Sunday and our special celebrations such as the Harvest Festival and Christingle are always well attended. Our Churchwardens are Dr Stephanie Dow and Mrs Ingrid Kothari. Please note that the church roof replacement is now complete. However, the PCC is investigating the possibility of interior repairs being carried out before the church reopens, including restoration of the plasterwork damaged by years of rainwater leakage from the roof. Therefore, all services are being held in Linton Village Hall, Main Street, Linton on Ouse at 11 a.m. on Sundays, until further notice.
Our proximity to RAF Linton on Ouse means that there is war graves section in the churchyard and we have welcomed visitors from all over the world tracing their relatives. The church is open dawn until dusk and at the back of the church there is a list of those buried in the churchyard, along with a map.
Please take a look at our Benefice website - All Saints Together for links to the Parish Newsletter and details of upcoming events.
Please see our News page for important SAFEGUARDING information.