Until Victorian times, Barlby was part of the parish of St. Mary, Hemingbrough, (Hemingbrough church spire can be seen from Barlby and Osgodby). There was a chapel of ease from 1481 which fell into such decay that by 1778 it was considered unsafe to enter. The old building was demolished and a new nave completed by 1780. Because of a growing population the chancel was added in 1895 when it became the Parish Church of All Saints , Barlby.
The building is a plain "two-box" Georgian design with the nave and the chancel built of brick. There is an attractive painted wooden bell turret which houses two bells: one dated 1704 and the other 2000 ( to mark the New Millennium). Two stained glass windows depict the Ascension (East end) and the Crucifixion (South side) and the font (probably from the ancient chapel of ease) was set up on a metal base in 1995.
The church was improved with the addition of a kitchen and flexible seating in 2009. There is a sound system and a toilet. We make use of a projector and screen for our family services.
Our usual service time is 10.30 on Sundays - refreshments are served after each service. The normal pattern is:
1st Sunday - Family Service
2nd Sunday - Morning Worship
3rd Sunday - Family Communion
4th Sunday - Shared worship with our Methodist brothers and sisters, either at All Saints or at Osgodby Methodist Church
5th Sunday - we join with our friends for a Joint Service at one of our parish churches - see our Events Diary.
5th November 10.30am Family Service
12th November 10.30am Remembrance Day Service
19th November 10.30am Family Communion
26th November 10.30am Joint service at Osgodby Methodist Church