Our Parish church of St Mary The Virgin is a beautiful Grade II* listed building that dates back to the 13th century. It lies on the Suffolk Coast between the North Sea and the River Deben. It provides a special place for community worship and a tranquil haven of peace in our busy world.
St Mary’s is a medieval church of great character and charm, which demonstrates its chronology in a most graphic and impressive way (This is a quote from an English Heritage report). The oldest parts of the Nave date from 1210 and the Tower from 1320. It has an historic Joseph Hart organ and the Quilters, who built Bawdsey Manor, have a family tomb in the Churchyard.
We are a small but dedicated team. Read more about what we do by following the links on the left.