Church of England Diocese of St.Edmundsbury & Ipswich Bucklesham and Foxhall

About Us

St Mary’s stands in a quiet, idyllic, tree shaded corner at the northeast end of Bucklesham village, which is flanked by the neighbouring villages of Nacton, Newbourne, and Brightwell.
A church is recorded on this site, originally the village centre, in the 11th Century Domesday Book. However, it was probably in the 12th Century that a new church was built of flint rubble.
Some of the original flint remains in the north wall of the present church which required major reconstruction in the 1870’s.