Church of England Diocese of York Bossall with Buttercrambe and Howsham

About Us

St Botolph is an enchanting cruciform church building that currently dates from 1180. It is situated in a delightful location, steeped in Anglo-Saxon history, with King Edwin being baptised at the church on this site on 11th April 627AD. It is of significant architectural importance (as NADFAS have eported) and is well worth getting off the beaten track to find! It is always open for visitors and provdes a beautiful spiritual space, rich in peace and tranquility. Please do visit the Harton Benefice Website for details of services and Wedding/Baptism enquiries