Church of England Diocese of York Bossall with Buttercrambe and Howsham

About Us

This beautiful church is tucked away down a grassy track in the middle of the village of Buttercrambe. The original church was probably built around 1240, with the chancel was rebuilt in the 15th century, and is full of interesting architectural detail and character. It is a Chapel of Ease in the Parish of Bossall, and sits within the Darly estate. It has such a restful, peaceful feel within its prayer-soaked walls, and is always open to privide that real haven for rest and refreshment. Please do visit the Harton Benefice Website for details of services and Wedding/Baptism enquiries