We are a friendly, active and supportive church in the centre of the beautiful tiny village of Burstall, and part of the North Samford Benefice of six rural churches.
We love gathering to worshipping God and have a service in Church almost every Sunday at 9.30am. There are a number of different services.
We very much enjoy welcoming visitors to our historic building.
We love doing weddings. We will work with you to help you make your wedding very personal and special within the confines of Anglican worship. Please contact the Rector to book your date as early as possible. Bookings already being taken for two years hence! You might like to consult yourchurchwedding.org to help your planning.
Baptisms take place in the main Sunday service at 9.30am unless there are strong pastoral reasons to make an exception.
St Mary's is a lovely, friendly church with a number of architectual features of interest. Usually open during daylight hours for visitors to come in and enjoy.
Our Usual Sunday Services
1st Sunday of the month Holy Communion CW 9.30am which lasts around an hour
2nd Sunday of the month Family service 9.30am around 45mins
3rd Sunday of the month Holy Communion CW 9.30am which lasts around an hour
4th Sunday of the month Morning Worship from the Book of Common Prayer lasting around 45mins
Every service is followed by freshly brewed coffee, tea and delicious cake or biscuits.
For any enquiries please contact the Rector, Revd. Annette Shannon: email [email protected] telephone 01473807674 or one of the churchwardens listed.
The Rector and PCC of St Mary’s Church, Burstall, Suffolk are committed to a safe church environment for everyone.
1. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. We commit ourselves to respectful care to all those to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of all people who may be vulnerable, whatever their age, and ensuring their well-being in the life of Burstall Parish.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. We commit ourselves to promoting inclusion and empowerment of all people within our parish.
6. We are all responsible in preventing the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and have a responsibility to listen to and act upon any disclosures/allegations/concerns of abuse. All concerns will be logged and reported to the Rector, the Safeguarding Co-ordinator or in urgent cases to the Bishop’s Child Protection Officer and/or the Police.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in selection of those who will work with vulnerable people.
8. Burstall PCC has adopted the safeguarding guidelines of the Church of England and this Diocese.
9. Each person who works with vulnerable people must agree to abide by these recommendations and guidelines and In the case of children those involved must attend appropriate child protection training and have a suitable DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check.
10.Non-compliance with this code of conduct will automatically mean that the person will not work with vulnerable people within church activities.
Burstall's Parish Safeguarding Officer is Gillian Gasper and can be contacted in case of any safeguarding concerns either by email, [email protected] by telephone 01473 652396