Summary of the Policy
● We are committed to respectful pastoral ministry to all adults within our church community.
● W e are committed, within our church community , to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable people.
● We will carefully select and train all those with any pastoral responsibility within the Church, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures where legal or appropriate.
● We will respond without delay to any complaint made that an adult for whom we were responsible has been harmed, cooperating with police and the local authority in any investigation.
● We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate healing ministry.
● We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
● We will care for and supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a vulnerable person.
Parish Safeguarding Officer Miss Jill Barton 07939 979882 [email protected]
Parish Children and Family Worker Miss Tanya Li 07736 809010 [email protected]
Parish Churchwardens Mrs Pauline Sayers 07527 207143 and Mrs Janet Cotson 07848 807177
Parish Assistant Safeguarding Officer Rev'd Tony Cotson 07870 741647 [email protected]
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser Julie O'Hara 01904 699524 [email protected]
Diocesan Assistant Safeguarding Adviser Rob Marshall 01904 699524 [email protected]
A link to Diocesan safeguarding information can accessed at the bottom of the screen.