St John's is a traditional village church. It is open most days from March to October thanks to a group of "Friends" who are keen to preserve the church both for public worship and for quiet prayer by casual visitors who greatly appreciate the facility. The church was built in the 1920's and is surrounded by a much loved and well maintained graveyard. The view across the fields to the sea is quite inspiring.
The Church is open daily for private prayer and special services. The 'Friends of St John' provide support by funding the running and maintenance costs of the church.