St Aidan's Church was built in 1900 of stone, of the 12th Century style, with chancel, nave, transept, west porch with turret. It is the main church for the parish of Boosbeck and Lingdale, its partner church being St Chads at Lingdale. The parish is part of a plurality with the parish of Skelton w. Upleatham.
The church building stands alone on high ground to the north east of the former ironstone mining village of Boosbeck. The building remains in the form in which it was consecrated in 1901, although the surrounding churchyard is now closed and has been passed to the Local Authority.