St John's Church is a grade 2* listed building, located just off the
A170 in the delightful village of Allerston.
The building was constructed in the 14th century, the nave and
chancel being built first and the bell tower added at a later date.
Similar to other churches in the area, the builders made good use
of stone that was available, and consequently there are some
decorated pieces in the walls possibly taken from a Roman building
on or near the same site. The Church was restored in 1882.