St Oswald’s dates from the 12th century but was completely rebuilt in the “Norman style” in about 1860. St Oswald’s displays its original Norman heritage in its elaborately carved south doorway and chancel arch. These are the only parts of the original church which remain. There is an unusual carved Anglo-Saxon font depicting an archer (centaur?) and other symbols. On the north side there is evidence of an early doorway, now blocked. There is a splendid stained glass window depicting St Oswald, installed as a Millennium project in 2000. There are other interesting examples of stained glass in the East and West windows.