The Parish of Saint Giles-in-the-Fields is an ancient parish of the Church of England in the West End of London (within the historic county of Middlesex).
St Giles-in-the-Fields exists to
· reflect the love of God given through Christ for the life of the world
· offer reverent and uplifting worship and prayer
· practice hospitality and encourage community
· serve the pastoral and spiritual needs of all who live in and work in our parish, as well as all those who pass through.
Described by the writer Peter Ackroyd as at the 'crossroads of time and eternity,' worship has taken place at St Giles since its foundation in 1101. The present church, in Palladian-style with a gallery and connected Vestry House, was built in 1733 and is the third church building on the site. Our worship is commonly described as traditional: which means Anglican, drawn from the Book of Common Prayer with readings from the King James Bible, strong in choral music and preaching, and reasonably formal in style and presentation. Through the week the parish church provides a quiet oasis in heart of the West End, being open daily for prayer and reflection.