Church of England Diocese of Hereford Rowlestone and Llancillo

About Us

St Peter's Rowlestone is part of the Ewyas Harold Group of Parishes.  (St Peter's Llancillo was closed in 2006.)

This simple Norman church was built about 1130, consisting of an aisle-less nave and a chancel possibly with a semi-circular apse. The chancel arch and south doorway are outstanding specimens of the famous Kilpeck school of decorative sculpture (the Herefordshire School of Romanesque Sculpture) - see entry for St Mary & St David's Kilpeck.