A sequestered setting, about ½ mile south of the village centre, with lovely views over the Deben from its tree-shaded church-yard. A humble, single-celled church – rustic and uncomplicated – with rendered north and south walls and mainly renewed early 14C windows.
The tower of mellow Tudor brick (c.1500) may well be an unidentical twin of Hemley. Inside the rustic brick porch are 15C roof-timbers, carved wooden cornices and barge-boards.
In this homely and ‘lived-in’ church, with a simple plaster ceiling and leaning chancel wall, are furnishings mostly of 1864-5 (paid for by Waldringfield’s lucrative coprolite-mining industry) and a large and fine (although re-cut) 15C East Anglian font. The altar has 20C carved panels by Dr George Conford of Walton. Four generations of Waller rectors (Thomas, Arthur, Trevor and John) cared for this parish between 1862 and 2013.