St Marys is a delightful church dating originally from 1160 but with major alterations in the 1400’s and 1500’s.
Still retaining some Norman clerestory windows, its stone spire is the only remaining one of its kind in Suffolk.
The interior has rare Norman brick arches and much reused Roman material.
There is a 13th. century font and a 16th. century remnant of painted oak roof.
The church has glorious views and is located up a steep slope ‘road’ adjacent to the roadside bottom of The Pool with rough ground parking at top below wall.