Church of England Diocese of Oxford Chieveley with Winterbourne and Oare

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

(01635) 247566

Getting here

Oare has been the site of a Christian settlement since Saxon times and it was merged with Chieveley after the evidently important Priory was demolished in Henry VIII’s reign. The present chapel of St. Bartholomew was built in 1852 by the then Vicar, the Revd. J. E. Robinson, and John Betjeman wrote of being charmed by the small stone and flint building under towering cedar trees – one of which remains.


BCP Communion  is celebrated at 8.30am on the 2nd Sunday of the month with annual harvest and carol services, at which we are joined by the choir from St. Mary's, Chieveley.

St Bartholomew's Oare belongs to the East Downland Benefice. Please see the Benefice website for a list of services for the current month.
 

St Bartholomew
Oare
Newbury
RG18 9SD

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below