St Francis is a diverse and caring church built at the heart of it's community, growing as the Chantry estate was developed in the 1950's. It is much more than a church building or landmark - to the people who worship here, it is a space of sanctuary where family gather together. To those in the community it is a safe haven in times of need, and a place of celebration in times of joy.
We are involved in the schools and nursing homes of our local area, and are involved with various agencies serving the vulnerable in our town.
Our worship is relaxed, (sometimes our Vicar and leaders wear robes, sometimes they don't) and our faith is open and welcoming. We welcome all who come in the name and love of the Christ who welcomes us. We don't always get it right, but we keep trying - please pray for us.