There has been a place of worship here since the 7th century and it is believed that the remains of St Botolph were kept safe here after the destruction of his monastery at Iken in 870. the main structure of the current church took shape in the 13th century, with additions to the tower and roofs in the 15th century.
Of particular interest inside the church are the 40 angels to be seen in the roof, the octagonal font dated from c. 1400, the piscina and sedilia and especially the sanctuary ring on the inner door, believed to have been forged in the 13th century. The churchyard provides a beautiful setting, with views across the countryside.
The flint schoolroom built in 1835 has been beautifully restored and is in use for functions and meetings and a great place for the community to get together.
The church is open during daylight hours and you are very welcome to come and visit, to enjoy the peace for a quiet prayer or join us for our services.