Church of England Diocese of St.Edmundsbury & Ipswich Lavenham

Churchyard burials

BURIALS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF ST PETER & ST PAUL, LAVENHAM

Over the centuries there have been many thousands of burials in the churchyard, but no contemporary record of actual burial sites exists.

The list available here was compiled in the 1960s and includes all the gravestones which were then extant in the churchyard.

In 1893 the churchyard was closed for burials (except for family tombs) and all subsequent burials are in the Parish Council cemetery about ¼ mile (⅓ km) south-west of the church in Bridge Street Road.