We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The church of St Andrew, Covehithe with Benacre, is an ancient Anglican parish church in the diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich. Sitting in the small village of Covehithe on the Suffolk coast, it forms part of the Wrentham Benefice, which includes the parish churches of Wrentham, Henstead and Frostenden. It's interior is a sacred and quiet place where the community and visitors from far and wide can join in holy worship, prayer and quiet reflection.
Covehithe is a small hamlet in an isolated position right on the coast, some 2 miles from Wrentham. It can only be reached by car or bicycle. Once a prosperous fishing port in medieval times, by the 17th Century its fortunes had declined as it fell victim, like nearby Dunwich, to the sea. Following periods of substantial coastal erosion during the 18th and 19th Centuries (which continues to this day) all of the fishing port was lost - the only recorded pub in the village The Anchor had closed by 1882. Covehithe now comprises several working farm buildings, a house and a few cottages owned and let by the Benacre Estate, all dominated by St Andrew’s Church and surrounded by farmland.
Covehithe with Benacre
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below