St.Mary's is a small and beautiful church, tucked away and not visible from the road through North Aston, but is well worth the detour. The church is in very close proximity to North Aston Hall, the reasons for which are not known, although the origins may be monastic
The present building dates from the 14th century although a church has existed on the site since the mid 12th century. An interesting interior feature is an ornate and detailed alabaster tomb depicting the life size figures of Sir John and Lady Alicia Anne dating from the 15th century. A detailed guide to the graves in the churchyard is on display inside the church and includes the graves of two civil war soldiers who died after a local skirmish between Clifton and North Aston in 1644.
We extend a warm welcome to all visitors to join our small and friendly congregation. Services are principally conducted by the Rector and supported by a Methodist Minister, licensed to take communion services and a Lay Reader.