History of Camborne Church
The parish church sits at the very heart of the community in the centre of the town of Camborne and has the distinction of being Cornwall’s widest, though not the largest church with four complete aisles. It is a Grade 1 Listed Building sitting within a four acre churchyard with parts of the structure dating from the thirteenth century, though mostly from the fifteenth, with a tenth century altar slab, sixteenth century pulpit and fine Georgian reredos. The building was restored in 1862 and enlarged in 1878-1879. A modern church hall was added in 1963 and this has recently been refurbished.
For more information our Churchwarden and resident historian has written more on this link: