Welcome to the parish church of St Erth: St Erth in the Anglican Diocese of Truro and county of Cornwall England. St Erth is one of the five churches which is encompassed within the Godrevy Team Ministry. Visit The Godrevy Team Ministry web site using the link in Our News Letter below.
There is a possible link to an Irish Saint 'Erc'
The Church is mostly 15C though the tower is 14C with a peal of 6 bells. Some of these were repaired at Harvey's Foundry in Hayle. Pre 1747 the walls were decorated with improving sentences but these were removed by the Vicar during a 'restoration'. The Norman Font was discovered in 1874. Several local worthies are buried in the churchyard under some impressive monuments. Note the War Memorial which commemorates our local holder of the Victoria Cross. Full information can be found in the guide book.
We no longer have a Sunday School but there is a children's corner. A Food Bank container is placed near the Font for your donations. Evensong is now at 4.30pm, not every Sunday, check notice board for details
The Old School next to the Church, is available for hire. (At service times the toilets are accessible.) The Old School is now OPEN after extensive refurbishment & assistance from members of the congregation. Available to hire for EVENTS. (See Facilities page) A clear space has been made at the rear of the church for fellowship and events. Our new Tea Bar will soon be in service.
Please note that from the end of November 2016 Evensong will no longer be celebrated here. A service will be held at GWINEAR Parish Church. Please see their web site.