Welcome to the parish church of Bodmin: St Petroc in the Diocese of Truro and county of Cornwall.
St Petroc’s Church is the largest and amongst the oldest parish churches in Cornwall. The present Church dates back to 1470, although earlier churches existed on the same site from 540AD when the Welsh missionary, St. Petroc, founded a settlement. The name Bodmin comes from ‘Bos-Menegh’ in Cornish meaning ‘abode of monks’. St. Petroc’s Church went on to play a central role in Bodmin’s history and development. It feature's as one of the thirty churches in the Songs of Praise Book, 'The Nations Favourite Churches'.
St Petroc's is one of five churches in the Bodmin Team Ministry the others being St Stephen's Nanstallon, St Hydroc, Lanhydrock, Lanivet Church and St Meubred, Cardynham.
Times of services for St Petrocs:
Weddings: Please telephone Revd Roger May on 01579 342924.
Baptisims: contact the team administrator on 01208 77674.
Funerals: Please telephone the Bodmin Team Office on 01208 77674 Or outside office hours contact Revd Paul Holley 07470 192378