Laneast: The History of the Church

The church was founded by the Augustinian Priory of St Stephen's in Launceston, and was served by curates from the Priory until the Reformation. The church and cemetery were dedicated by Edmund Lacy, Bishop of Exeter in 1436, just after the tower was completed. Previously burials were made at St Stephen's. 

John Wesley preached in the church six times.

In the church yard is a three meter high Celtic cross.