About us (2) - Parish Safeguarding Officer and Policy
Parish Safeguarding Officer
The Parish Safeguarding Officer is Mrs Ursula Walker ( 0118 3276109 ) or you can contact the Rector, the Revd James Stickings ( 07522 042735).
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor
If our Safeguarding Officer is unavailable, or you would prefer to speak to the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Team you can find full contact details at https://www.oxford.anglican.org/safeguarding/.
Our Parish Safeguarding Policy, which is reviewed annually, is displayed, hereunder.
THE PARISH OF KIDMORE END AND SONNING COMMON
The following policy was agreed at the PCC meeting held on January 12th 20!6.
1. We are committed to:
The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable.
The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of informed vigilance as to the dangers of abuse.
2. We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, inline with safer recruitment principles, includinglthe use of Disclosure and Barring Service criminal records checks.
3. We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult,child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation and we will have a clear reporting procedure in place.
4. We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
5. We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
6. We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral tothe proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
7. ln all these principles we will follow statute, guidance and recognised good practice.
8. We will advise the Diocese which Registered Body we use to process applications forDisclosure and Barring Service criminal records checks.
9. We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser if we receive a Disclosure which is 'blemished' or'positive'.
1O. We will review this policy annually, check that our policies are up to date, and supply a copy of the updated policy statement to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.