The village of Fleggburgh, or Burgh St Margaret as it is also known, was used as a fortified seafront, in the time of the Romans, at which time the sea flowed right up to Norwich.
Fleggburgh once had two parishes, St Mary's and St Margaret's, but the old church of St Mary's now stands in ruins about half mile eastwards of St Margaret's. The first rector of Burgh St Margaret was Robert de Fileby in 1319.
Fleggburgh C of E Primary School, which is almost opposite the church, recently celebrated 150 years with a church service attended by the Bishop of Norwich. The church and the school have strong links, through Open the Book assemblies, after-school clubs and special services for seasonal events.
St Margaret's is delighted to have regular bell ringers with practise sessions and bell ringing at some services.
It is hoped that work will commence in Spring 2017 on the replacement of the thatched roof, which is mainly funded through the National Lottery Fund.
At the present time the South Trinity Broads Parish is in interregnum and we hope to appoint a new Priest-in-Charge in late Spring 2017. For all enquiries concerning services or the arranging of marriages, funerals or baptisms please contact Mrs Alston (01493) 369326
VISIT OUR CHURCH AND OTHER CHURCHES IN OUR BENEFICE ON WWW.STBB.CO.UK