Church of England Diocese of Norwich Spixworth

Church History

Spixworth Church is a small building of flint with stone dressings, dating from Norman times, 1160. The small embattled tower, 45feet high, stands in the south-west corner. The bells are arguably the oldest in Norfolk, the tenor bell dating from 1350. There are three large painted glass windows,
and a small south window depicting St. Peter with the keys of the kingdom. This was installed in memory of those who died in two world wars. There is also a richly carved rood screen which is thought to have been installed in the second half of the 20century.