St. George's, Netherfield, is firmly rooted within the catholic tradition of the Church of England. We are under the Pastoral care of the Bishop of Beverley. We also belong to the Mission Society of St. Wilfrid and St. Hilda.
The Church of St. George the Martyr is situated in the centre of the small town of Netherfield, 3 miles east of Nottingham, just outside the city boundary. The church was built in 1885 to serve the rapidly growing population, at that time, of railway workers and their families.
We are a small, friendly and welcoming congregation who seek the Lord Jesus in our love and care of each other. We treasure our Anglo Catholic tradition but we are modern rather than fossilised in our worship. As a church we are looking for the growth of Christianity within our community and growth in our congregation.