Promoting a Safer Church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Alison Laing, Parish Safeguarding Officer
07702 702554 [email protected]
Stuart Nimmo, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
01665 208290 [email protected]