We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
A most impressive 14/15th Century church, built over about 200 years completed in 1520. The tower (Perpendicular stlyle) has features copied from St Andrew's Hingham (Decortated style)and is well worth close inspection, unusual setback buttresses and stone/flint decoration.
Five bells ( treble 1781 T Osborn (Downham Market)2nd 1740 Thomas Newman, 3rd and 4th Thomas Newman 1713,tenor c1380 unknown) for which an appeal is trying to raise money to get them rehung.
The pews are rather crude style but are thought to be earlier than record suggest.
The aisle windows are thought to date from around 1350 except the east end which are probably 15th c. Sepulchral slabs inside maindoor and in north aisle near the altar.
The font has a variety of tracery motifs and is probably 15th C.
Look for the door draw bar and the blocked doorway in the tower at 1st floor level and the tower window to enable ringers to see the High Altar for Sanctus bell ringing.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below