We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Hackford is closed at present pending major repairs.
DONATIONS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED
Hakaforda is recorded in the Doomesday book once called Hakeford juxta Windham
Dedicated to St Mary. Entry is through a lovely lych-gate.
The building dates from 11th century and substantialy altered in 14th & 15th centuries. The tower is late 15th c in Perpendicular style - 1 bell c1500 by Richard Brasyer Norwich.
The north dorway is a plain round headed Norman period, standing in 11th century wall. The south porch is 15th century of flushwork with knapped flints. There is a 15th.c water stoop. The Chancel has 'Y' traceried windows 14th.c with perhaps an earlier priest's door present. The weathered oak door is original above tin-plate text "This is none other than the House of God".
The font is 15thc octagonal with decoration of the cross keys of St Peter; chalices and host, the arms of Montfort and the arms of Beckng.
A portion of the glass is Mediaeval with which the church was once lavishly decorated. More tin-plate texts are present over the windows.The roof is from 1880
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below