Welcome to the parish Chapel of Ease in Tregaminion in the Anglican Diocese of Truro and county of Cornwall England.
The Chapel is located about halfway between the turn down to Polkerris and the gate of Menabilley House on the road leading to Poldridmouth.
The Tregaminion Chapel built of stone stands amongst trees, where in the spring, snowdrops, primroses, bluebells flower, followed by rhododendrons and hydrangeas as the year moves on into summer.
The foundation stone was laid in April 1813 by Rachel the wife of William Rashleigh Esquire, living at Menabilley, on his estate at Tregaminion Barton. When the foundations were dug in 1813, a carved stone was found, bearing the Rashleigh arms. This stone is built into the wall over the porch. It was another two years before the Chapel was completed.
Approximately six months after laying the foundation stone, Rachel, whilst staying at Maidstone, was taken ill and died on the 2nd September 1813. Her body was returned to Cornwall and she was interred in the family vault at Tywardreath Parish Church with those of her two children: Rachel and Charlotte.
The consecration of the Chapel took place in 1816.
William Rashleigh married again, and in April 1817, a son, William was born and his baptism was held at the Chapel in July 1817.