We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Martham St. Mary the Virgin is a mediaeval church* with a 98ft tower and a ring of 6 bells**, the present building being finished around 1450. There are magnificent views over the eastern Norfolk Broads and North Sea coast from the tower, open during special events.
It is the largest church in the westernmost benefice in the Flegg Group of the Deanery of Great Yarmouth.
The other three churches in the Benefice*** are (see pages & links right.):
Repps & Bastwick, St.Peter & St.Paul; Thurne with Ashby & Oby, St. Edmund; Clippesby, St.Peter.
Martham is part of NETWORK YARMOUTH and a GATEWAY CHURCH. See pages & links right.
* For more on the BRIEF HISTORY of the church, see pages & links right.
** For more on BELLS & BELLRINGING, see pages & links right.
*** See BENEFICE SERVICES THIS MONTH, in News to the right.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below