We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Standing on high ground above the Waveney Valley just west of the main village, there has been a Church on the site of St Peter and St Paul since before Doomsday. The main structure of the Church is medieval, dating from 14th century, although there are traces of the earlier building - late Saxon and early Norman. It is a Grade 1 listed and the exterior is a typical flint faced East Anglian building with a square tower housing a ring of six bells. The interior was restored in the 1840's and is regarded, then and now, as a fine example of a gothic Victorian interior. The Church has been well maintained and cared for and work is now complete on the construction of a room in the base of the tower to form a secluded vestry and a small kitchen unit. A magnificent oak screen has been carved and is approached by beautiful white marble steps.
We have a Morning Prayer Service on the first, second & fourth Sundays in the month, with Holy Communion on the 3rd Sunday, the exception being the fifth Sunday in the month which is a 'rotating' benefice service at Brockdish, Thorpe Abbotts, Billingford, Scole, Needham, Harleston or Redenhall which will be advertised.
Any enquiries for baptisms ,thanksgivings, marriages etc. should be made to the Priest in Charge, Revd Nigel Tuffnell who can be contacted on 01379 308905 . His email address is r[email protected] //
Church Wardens are Ann Cork 01379 668635 and Jan Croxson 01379 668630
PCC Secretary is Roy Dixon 01379 669144, email [email protected] //
Bell Ringers contact Philip Thompson 01379 668279 [email protected] //
The Church is now open every day once more following the completion of building work from approximately 9am to 5pm
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below